Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Read Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

While some of my favourite authors are on this list, not all of them are. Some I've just happened to read a lot of books from, and some that haven't made the list are authors that haven't published that many books, or I haven't had the chance to read them yet. 

The first author on this list has to be Darren Shan. I've read a total of 16 book by him, and they are book that I really enjoyed. He has written The Demonata series - they are incredible - and the Saga of Darren Shan. If you haven't read any of his book yet, I totally recommend that you do. 



Second on this list is R. L. Stine, and I've read a total of 13 books by him. If you don't know, he has written the Goosebumps series, and according to Goodreads it consists of 62 books. That's a lot of books. All of these books are children's horror but I still think they are great. They are so small and fast to read, and wonderful if you need something that will get you back into the reading spirit.

Third on this list I have J. K. Rowling. I have - unfortunately - only read 10 of her books. All Harry Potter related. I do want to read her other books, such as The Casual Vacancy and the Cormoran Strike series, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Rick Riordan is number four on my list, and I've read 10 books by him as well. I will make this number higher as soon as the Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series comes out. I've read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and The Heroes of Olympus series. I'll probably pick up the Kane Chronicles at some point, but as of now I don't really feel like reading about Egyptian gods, even though Riordan's writing is amazing.

Unsurprisingly, Stephanie Meyer is number five on my list. I've read 6 books by her; The Twilight Saga, The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner and The Host. And yes, I am still waiting for her to continue on with The Host series, because it was supposed to be a trilogy. 

Sarah J. Maas is on of my absolute favourite authors, and the only reason I've only read 5 books by her, is because she's only published 5 books. I can't wait until the next book in the Throne of Glass series comes out, or the sequel to A Court of Thorns and Roses, as that is a trilogy. I need Maas so write and publish more books, because I want to read them so bad. 



Of course John Green makes it on to this list as well. I've read all of John Green's novels, which makes 5. I'm not counting Zombicorns, because it's a short story and was never published as a physical book. I really enjoy all of John's books, and I wish that he will publish more in the near future. I obviously understand that he is busy with 3 of his books all of a sudden being turned into movies - and because of that I can't really complain either - but I do hope that he will return to writing soon.

George R. R. Martin is an author I "discovered" this summer. I've obviously heard of him before, and actually read half of A Game of Thrones, but it wasn't until now that I really read this book. I love the show Game of Thrones, and the books are even better. I am currently on my 5th book in the A song of Ice and Fire series as of now. Though I'm technically on the 4th book, because I read the books where some of them are split up. I'm so glad that I finally started this series, yet I am happy I didn't start it earlier. I have 1 and a half books left, and I'm still concerned about when the 6th book is coming out. I read somewhere that it was expected between 2015 and 2018, and I don't think I can wait that long.

This year I've also read quite a lot of contemporary, and therefore I've also read 4 books by Sarah Dessen. I don't normally read a lot of contemporary, but I've figured out that I generally enjoy Dessen's books and therefore I've been trying to read some more of them. I already have a couple more on my TBR pile, so I'm hoping that I'll get this number up soon. 

And the last author I'm going to mention on this list is Nicholas Sparks, and I've read 4 of his books. It's actually been quite a while since I've read any of his books, because they don't really grab my attention that much. They tend to be predictable, but still enjoyable, and I haven't really been in the mood for that lately. But I still like his books, and I have some on my TBR that I hope I'll get to soon, even though I'm not pushing myself to do it. 


So I wrote my list a little bit different this week, as you probably noticed. Instead of just listing them, I wanted to write a little bit more about each author. I don't know if this is something I'll do every week - sometimes I just don't have that much to say - but I'll probably do it sometimes, whenever I feel like it. 

I hope you all are having a wonderful day!



2 comments:

  1. We share Shan and Rowling on our lists :)
    I really enjoyed the Cirque de Freak books by Shan as a child.
    I do have to say that I am still fighting my way through the first book by Martin. I am about 100 pages into the book and for some reason i am just not getting into the story. Which is funny because normally i love this kind of story and i do enjoy how he writes and have no problems with the amount of characters. But i just... i don't understand why so many people love this series. maybe that is it. or i just have not yet read enough of him. But for no i can not even consider reading even more of that series, since i struggle so much with the first book of it. Does it pick up the more you read of the books?
    Fantastic list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started Martin's book I had a lot of trouble getting into it as well, so I tried listening to them on audibook, and they are so much better! It's a lot easier to get into the story and it doesn't feel that heavy. And I think that the more you read of his series, the better they get. You get a lot more invested with the characters and start caring about them.

      Delete