Thursday, May 7, 2015

View from page thirty: The Lost Hero

Hello!


This is something I "stole" from the wonderful The Broke and the Bookish. I won't be doing this with every book I read, but right now I want some posts on my blog to "get it started". I will - of course - review this book once I am finished with it.

Book: The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus #1)

Author: Rick Riordan
Genre:  Middle Grade fantasy

Goodreads synposis: Jason has a problem. He doesn't remember anything before waking up in a bus full of kids on a field trip. Apparently he has a girlfriend named Piper and a best friend named Leo. They're all students at a boarding school for "bad kids". What did Jason do to end up here? And where is here, exactly?

Piper has a secret. Her father has been missing for three days, ever since she had that terrifying nightmare. Piper doesn't understand her dream, or why her boyfriend suddenly doesn't recognize her. When a freak storm hits, unleashing strange creatures and whisking her, Jason and Leo away to someplace called Camp Half-Blood, she has a feeling she's going to find out.

Leo has a way with tools. When he sees his cabin at Camp Half-Blood, filled with power tools and machine parts, he feels right at home. But there's weird stuff, too  like the curse everyone keeps talking about. Weirdest of all, his bunkmates insist that each of them - including Leo - is related to a god.

My view from page thirty: I never doubted that I would like this book. I have read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, and they're entertaining and you fly through them. As you know, I'm only on page 30 in this book, but I already like it and I feel immersed in the story (technically only 1/3 of it, as I've only read from Jason's point of view so far). 

This book has 3 main characters, and 3 points of view. From what I understand so far this is chapter based, and the chapters are either called Jason, Piper or Leo, based on whose's point of view it is. The first two chapters are from Jason's point of view, but the next one is from Pipers. 

While it has been a while since I've read Percy Jackson's story, it still helps me get into the world faster. Heroes of Olympus is an entire new series, so you should not need to have read Percy Jackson and the Olympians, but if you've read that you already know this world works and you are familiar with Annabeth - who has appeared in this book already - and Percy who I have no doubts will show up eventually. 

I doubt it will take me a long time to get through this book, even though it is over 500 pages long. It's so easy to read, and there has already been action in this book. 

I'm giving myself about a week to read this book, and when I'm finished you'll get a proper review of it, so look out for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment