Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books I Think Make Great Beach Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week we are listing out top ten books that will make great beach reads!

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, and the rest of the trilogy. These were the first books I thought, because they are just so perfect for beach reading. They are all light and happy, and you fly through them.

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. This one is a light-hearted read that will make you feel good by the end of it, perfect for summer.

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. Or any other books by him, for that matter. I associate summer with romance, especially in books, so there's no surprise Sparks showed up on the list. While these can be a bit sad as well, they are nice and gives your heart that warm feeling inside.

The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab. To avoid a list with just romance books I added some fantasy as well, something for everyone. This is a stand-alone fantasy and it's not a big book. Even though it is fantasy and very little romance I remember enjoying reading it at the end of summer.

The Summer of Secrets by Martina Reilly. So this is an adult book, and while it's not so much about romance, it's a lot about finding yourself, even when you're an adult.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling. The Harry Potter series can be read year round, even in summer. I'll only mention the first one because the first books are much lighter than the later one.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I'm currently reading this book, and absolutely loving it. It's so light and fun, and perfect to read while trying to achieve the perfect tan.

Paper Towns by John Green. Or any book by him really, but this one isn't one of the sad ones. It's funny, exciting and mysterious.

Animal Farm by George Orwell. This is a quick read, and very interesting. It's entertaining while you read it, and I can guarantee that it'll haunt you for a long time.

The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick. I love this book so much, and I'm definitely rereading this before summer's over. It's so wonderful, and has such a happy ending.

So these are my top ten books! Which are on your list? 

2 comments:

  1. Harry Potter is definitely good year round! As you say, you tend to associate beach reads with romance, so I just did books I'm planning to read this summer as I'm not much of a romance reader.
    Here's my TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/26/top-ten-tuesday-6/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I still haven't finished Harry Potter but maybe one day. I'm hoping to get to Anna and the French Kiss this summer also. Thanks so much for sharing. I hope you have a great week. Happy reading My TT

    ReplyDelete