Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday Freebie: Inspiring Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Hello! This week we are able to choose our own Top Ten Tuesday, and I chose Inspiring Quotes from books. They had this April 14, but I haven't started yet, and I think it'll be fun! So here are the quotes, in no particular order

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to your friends"
 - J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

"It is so hard to leave - until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world."
- John Green, Paper Towns

"He would say that God had given him a tail to keep the flies off, but that he would sooner have no tail and no flies."
- George Orwell, Animal Farm

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
- J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"Things change. And friends leave. life doesn't stop for anybody."
- Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

"I want everyone to meet you. You're my favorite person of all time."
- Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park

"We accept the love we think we deserve."
- Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

"Do not accept an evil you can change."
- E. Lockhart, We Were Liears

"It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart."
- Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay

"I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It's okay if you have to leave us. It's okay if you want to stop fighting."
- Gayle Forman, If I stay

So these are my pick for the ten quotes, and it was harder then I thought it would be to pick 10. There are so many great ones out there, and some actually feel too personal to share (I hope I'm not the only one who thinks like that). 

It would be great to hear your favourite quotes as well!

15 comments:

  1. Great quotes! I think you could probably do a top ten with just Harry Potter quotes. :)

    http://hiddenstaircase.net/2015/05/19/ttt-top-ten-books-you-would-like-to-step-into/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I probably could, I really had to limit myself on this one..

      Delete
  2. Love the Harry Potter quotes! There are so many great ones in those books.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy TTT to you as well! There sure are, it's so hard just to choose someone, there are way too many great quotes!

      Delete
  3. I love your quotes! The We Were Liars one is my favorite. I heard that was a great book...maybe I should move it up on my TBR? :)
    Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We Were Liars is one of my all time favourites, you definitely should move it up! You'll fly trough it :)

      Delete
  4. i'm getting goosebumps just reading some of these quotes! ALOT of the ones you've chosen are favorites of mine as well! GREAT idea for the TTT freebie this week Helle!
    http://www.wholly-books.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quotes! I think I'm going to have to do a Thursday Quotables with just quotes from Harry Potter soon! There are so many good ones!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/19/top-ten-tuesdays-5/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's totally understandable, send me a link when you do and I'll read it!

      Delete
    2. As it turns out, I did this for my Thursday Quotables this week. Here's the link if you want to read it:
      https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/21/thursday-quotables-6

      Delete
  6. Great quotes Helle! I have the E Lockhart one on my Goodreads page :)

    Claire @ Book Blog Bird

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am such a quote lover! Thanks for sharing all these amazing quotes. I love so many of these as well.

    ReplyDelete