Tuesday, May 12, 2015

View from page thirty: The Truth About Forever


Hello!
 A view from page thirty is something I found on The Broke and the Bookish, and it sounded really fun!

Book: The Truth About Forever
Author: Sarah Dessen
Genre: YA Contemporary

Goodreads synopsis: 
A long, hot summer...

That's what Macy has to look forward to while her boyfriend, Jason, is away at Brain Camp. Days will be spent at a boring job in the library, evening will be filled with vocabulary drills for the SATs, and spare time will be passed with her mother, the two of them sharing a silent grief at the traumatic loss of Macy's father.

But sometimes, unexpected things can happen - things such as the catering job at Wish, with its fun-loving chaotic crew. Or her sister's project of renovating the neglected beach house, awakening long-buried memories. Things such as meeting Wes, a boy with a past, a taste for Truth-telling, and an amazing artistic talent, the kind of boy who could turn any girl's world upside down. As Macy ventures out of her shell, she begins to wonder. Is it really better to be safe than sorry?

My view from page thirty:
I'm not sure how I feel about this book yet, and it's been a long time since I read contemporary. I usually find them enjoyable, and I hope that will happen with this book as well. So far it hasn't happened a lot, it's been a lot of background stories and setting up the story. 

I'm not exactly excited to read this book, but I need something to read while I wait for my new books in the mail. It's not boring so far and if it continues likes this I think I can really like it, but I'll have to wait and see. I'll write a review for this once I'm finished!

Have you read The Truth About Forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment