Sunday, May 10, 2015

Book Tag: Reader Problems

Hello!

I'm a big fan of Booktube and the people on it, and there are always some sort of a tag going around. I haven't seen this much on blogs, and I wish I did. Tags are fun! And it's just as fun to read them as it is to watch them. Therefore, I have decided that I will be doing tags here, even though I haven't been tagged. Tags are for everybody who wants to do them!

The first tag I'm going to do is Reader Problems, and you can find the original here.

1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
There are several ways I decide what to read next. Most of the time I have a book that I really want to read, and I'll just read that. But if I don't know exactly what book I want to read, but maybe genre, I will find a selection and ask someone to pick for me. I guess that's what I would do if I had that many books, or maybe I'd just take a random one.

2. You're halfway through a book and you're just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
This completely depends on the book and my mood. Most of the time I'll finish it because I hate quitting, but sometimes that's just not possible.


3. The end of the year is coming and you're so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I've never had the problem of not reaching my reading goal, because I don't make it that high. I never know what the year will bring and how
much I'll be able to - or want to - read. I usually change my goal during the year, because I start with a rather easy goal - around 20 books - and when I've finished that, depending on when in the year, I add maybe 5 or 10 books to the goal.

That being said, if I was close enough I would try to catch up. It all depends on how many books I have left. And even though I consider it "cheating" I would try to catch up by reading small books I'll fly through. The Goosebumps series by R.L Stine would be a great thing for this. You can read several in one day.

4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I usually cope well, even though I find it irritating. Luckily, I don't have many that doesn't match. Some are changed a little bit, but not so much that they don't fit well together.

5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don't like. Who do you bond with over shared feeling?
Tumblr. Honestly, you can always find someone on the internet that shares your feelings, so I don't think it's a big deal.

6. You're reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I stop reading. This depends a little on the setting - and if you count school as public - but I don't want to cry in front of people I don't know. At school I could continue, if I'm in the classroom, but nowhere else.

7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you reread the book? Skip the sequel? Try find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
It depends on how big it is. If it'd a monster of a book, I'll probably find a (several) synopsis Goodreads to catch up, and as I read the sequel the first book will come back to me as well. If the book is only a couple hundred pages I'll reread it, no doubt.

8. You don't want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I'm really bad at saying no to people when they want to borrow a book from me, because I want other people to read, even though I hate not having my books with me. But to some people I just say no, plain and simple, and when they ask why I'll just say that I don't want that book away from me or something.

9. Reading ADD. You've picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Reread a book you know you love. For me, I'll probably read a Harry Potter book. And then another one. And all of a sudden I've read the whole series again, but hey! At least I'm not in a reading slump anymore, right?

10. There are so many new books coming out that you're dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Not even half of them. Books are expensive in Norway, and even when I buy them online they're like 14 dollars at best. I can't afford to buy all the books I want, so I have to chose some of them.

11. After you've bought the new books you can't wait to get to, how long do they sit on your self before you get to them?
Some books I'll start reading immediately, and some may sit there a year. It completely depends on what I have already planned to read.



That was the Reader Problems book tag! I hope you liked it, and if you did, it would be fun if you'd answer these questions as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment