Friday, June 5, 2015

View from page thirty: Attachments


Book: Attachments
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Genre: Adult Contemporaru

Goodreads synopsis:
"Hi, I'm the guy who reads your email, and also, I love you..."

Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder know that somebody is monitoring their work e-mail. (Everybody in the newroom knows. It's company policy.) But they can't quite bring themselves to take it seriously. They go on sending each other endless and endlessly hilarious e-mails, discussing every aspect of their personal lives.


Meanwhile, Lincoln O'Neill can't believe this is his job now - reading other people's e-mail. When he applied to be "internet security officer", he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers - not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.

When Lincoln comes across Beth's and Jennifer's messages, he know he should turn them in. But he can't help being entertained - and captivated - by their stories.

By the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late to introduce himself.

What would he say...?

My view from page thirty:
It's quite slow at the beginning, but I'm hoping that'll pick up after a while. As of now I don't feel like I know the characters, especially not Lincoln.

This book is written in two persepctives, and so far they have been alternating the chapters. The first perspective we read as is Beth's and Jennifer's. We can read their e-mail conversation. The second is Lincoln's perspective and it's written more traditionally.  

I'm hoping this book will pick up the pace so it'll be a quick read, and I hope I'll enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment