Thursday, June 25, 2015

Book Tag: Unpopular Opinions

This tag was created by TheBookArcher, and you can find her video here.

1. A popular book or series that you didn't like.
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. I didn't hate it, I just didn't really enjoyed. I've seen so many people talk about this and loving it, and I was really hoping that I would be one of them.

2. A popular book or series that every one else seems to hate, but you love.
Starcrossed by Josephini Angelini. It seems like this is a hit or miss. I've seen many reviews about how they didn't like it, and they ramble on about every thing that is wrong with it. It's not really quality writing, but it's a great story and I love it.

3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end 
up with (warn people for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like.
This will contain spoilers for the Starcrossed triology by Josephini Angelini. I REALLY wanted Helen and Orion to end up together, and not Helen and Lucas. 

4. A popular genre that you hardly reach for.
YA Contemporary. I don't really mind reading this genre, and I have read many that I really like, but it's not something I look for or anything. 

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Chaol from Throne of Glass. It's not that I really dislike him, but I don't really like him either. It's hard to explain. But I do enjoy reading about him and from his perspective though. 

6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.
Cassandra Clare. I don't know why, but none of her books really appeal to me, and that's sad because I see so many people loving her books. 

7. A popular book trope that you're tried of seeing. (examples: "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
Love triangles! I mean, they're everywhere these days. I like them if they're done right, but most of the time they're not, and I end up getting frustrated with the protagonist or one of the lovers. 

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. You know why. 

9. The saying goes "The books is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
I have absolutely no idea. I think I have to say The Last Song, because I really love the movie, but I also love the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment