Thursday, June 2, 2016

Wrap Up: May



It's been quite a while since I've done a monthly wrap up, but I've somehow managed to read a lot of books. Way more than I thought I did. I haven't been reading this much earlier this year, and therefore I didn't see a reason to write wrap ups, but now I'm back in the game. As you might notice, most of the books this month were re-reads, but I still had a wonderful reading month. I enjoyed it so much.


The first book I read was Me, Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. I started it at the end of April, and finished it early in May. I did enjoy the book, though I wasn't the biggest fan of the format. I could have enjoyed it more if I've read it at a different time, but that happens.


Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling was the second book I read in May. I'm pretty sure I finished this in a day, but I spent a lot of time home because I was sick, so I did have a lot of time to read. I think this was the 5th time reading this book, and I still absolutely love it. I am slowly working my way through the book again, but I've limited myself to one book a month, so I'll actually read something else as well.


I finally read The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan this month. I got it for christmas, and have been wanting to read it since then. I just never picked it up, even though I knew I would love it. I finished it in a day, I just couldn't pick it down. I love mythology, and Greek and Norse are my favourites. Because I'm from Norway I know quite a lot about the mythology in this book, and it made it all the more enjoyable. I can't wait for the next book to come out.


I had to re-read A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas before the next book came out. I finished this in two days, and loved it even more than the first time I read it. I have yet to come across a book by Maas that I didn't become completely obsessed with.


Obviously, my next read was A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. It came out on the third, but I had to wait for it to actually arrive, since I ordered it online. I still haven't seen it in a bookstore in my town, which makes me really sad. I could not put this book down. I finished it in less than twelve hours, and I'm so sad that there's only one book left in the trilogy.


The next book I read was A World Between by Robert Herzog. That was the biggest disappointment this month. I didn't really enjoy it at all, because the point of the book didn't interest me. There was a lot of quantum physics and things, and that's just not my cup of tea, though I have no doubt that several others will love it.


After that, I still couldn't get ACOMAF out of my head, and I knew I had to read something else by Maas. I ended up picking up The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas, deciding it was time to re-read her other series. It was, somehow, even better now than the first time around, and I finished this in a couple of days as well.


The day after I finished The Assassin's Blade I picked up Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I would have picked it up immediately, but I finished it at 1 in the morning, and I had school the next day. I finished it in a day and a half, not really being able to think about something other than the book.


As soon as I finished Throne of Glass I picked up Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. Thankfully, it was Friday, and I could stay up late reading. I finished the book on Saturday afternoon, and, shockingly, picked up Heir of Fire as soon as I finished. I am enjoying re-reading this series so much, and I'm so glad I'm doing it. I can't wait for Empire of Storms to come out in September.

I did manage to finish Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas on Sunday, and I am super happy about that. I did not expect to read through the books so fast, but somehow I am able to, even though I'm in the middl of my exam period. I finished Heir of Fire on Sunday night, and because of my exam on Monday morning I wasn't able to pick up Queen of Shadows immediately, but I did pick it up when I got home from my exam. 



Because of all the re-reads I haven't been writing that many reviews, because I don't really like reviewing books when it's not the first time reading them. And for some of them, I've posted reviews earlier. However, the books that I've written reviews about, are linked in the book titles.


How was your reading month?




No comments:

Post a Comment