Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish things I want to quit or have quit

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

 I don't really have that many bookish things I want to quit or anything, so I'm just going to mention a lot of different things, so I apologise for the inconsistency in this post.

Firstly I want to mention on thing that I actually have quit, and that is worrying about my books looking perfect. That is, if I break the spine, dog ear or write in it it's okay, and then people borrowing that book can do it as well. But if it's a book that I've kept nice, I expect that they will look just as nice when people return them.

And then, I want to mention something that I want to quit. I feel like I have to own every single book I read, and I have to learn that I don't need to do that. It's okay to borrow books from the library or from other friends, and then I can rather just buy them if I know I'm going to read it several times or absolutely love it.

I usually always finish the books I start, and there's mainly two reasons for that. 1 - I'm starting to get good at knowing what I enjoy reading, and therefore I'm able to know if I'll enjoy a book before reading it, and I'm not a picky reader either. 2- - I always want to finish something when I've started it, and it really bugs me when I don't. So if I start a book and don't finish it, it's something that I really don't enjoy reading. As of now, I can actually only think of one book that I didn't finish, and that is Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder. I really wanted to read it, but I found it so boring that it almost put me in a reading slump. Sophie's World is actually supposed to be a great book, so I'm really sad that I didn't enjoy it. I founds the philosophical letters too boring, and they broke up the story too much for my taste. The main story, however, I think is great. I've been in a production of the musical based on this book, and that was amazing. I feel like i might pick it back up in a couple years, try it again and hopefully enjoy it more.

That's actually all I have for today, and I feel like it isn't that bad not to have much to say about this topic. But I am curious, do you have any books that you couldn't finish? And if so, which? And do you have some other bookish things that you want to, or have, quit?

Have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment