Saturday, October 10, 2015

Review: The Battle of the Labyrinth

*This will contain spoilers*


Title: The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4)
Author: Rick Riordan
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Year published: 2008
How I got this book: I borrowed this at the school library, but you can get it here.
My rating: 4 stars

Goodreads synopsis:
Percy Jackson isn't expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears on campus, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly from bad to worse.
In this fourth installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe haven of Camp Half-Blood grows more vulnerable by the minute as Kronos' army prepares to invade its once impenetrable borders. To stop the invasion, Percy and his demigod friends must set out on a quest though the Labyrinth - a sprawling underground world with stunning surprises at every turn.


My thoughts:
My absolute favourite so far! I love all the new things that are introduced in this story, especially the labyrinth. I think it's so fascinating, and I honestly wish I could explore it, despite how dangerous it is. 

Rachel Dare is my favourite character in this book, and I like how she's "just" a mortal but she can still see through the mist. 

The plot is incredibly fast paced, and there's always something new that happens. You never want to put the book down, you just want to continue until you reach the end, and then you want to grab the next one. I recommend these to everyone I know, because I think they're wonderful, and you learn a lot about greek mythology through the series as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment