Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016 | Reading Challenge

Hello!

I have set a few challenges for myself, reading wise, this year. There's nothing big since I don't want it to be a stressful component in my life, but more of a challenge to branch out a bit.

First, I have my goodreads challenge. Now, last year I read 80 books, and usually I would challenge myself to read more than I did the year before. But since the number is so high, I don't feel the need to do that. Therefore, I set the challenge to 35 books. I did consider setting it to 52, doing one book a week, but I have no idea what this year is going to bring, so I'm playing it safe.

I have on other challenge. It's pretty much the popsugar 2016 reading challenge, but with a few changes and such. My finished challenge ended up looking like this;

  • A book based on a fairy tale
  • A YA bestseller
  • A book set in Norway
  • A book translated to English
  • A romance set in the future
  • A book set in Europe
  • A book that's under 150 pages
  • A New York Times bestseller
  • A book that's becoming a movie this year
  • A self-improvement book
  • A book you can finish in a day
  • A book written by a celebrity
  • A book at least 100 years older than you
  • A science-fiction novel
  • A book recommended by a family member
  • A graphic novel
  • A book that's published in 2016
  • A book with a protagonist who has your occupation
  • A classic from the 20th century
  • A book from the library
  • An autobiography
  • A book about a road trip
  • A book about a culture you're unfamiliar with
  • A satirical book
  • A book that takes place on an island
  • A book that's guaranteed to bring you joy
  • A book written by a comedian
  • A dystopian novel
  • A book with a blue cover
  • A book of poetry
  • The first book you see in a bookstore/library
  • A book that takes place during summer
  • A murder mystery
I 'll probably combine some of these challenges, but it's still a great challenge for reading something I normally wouldn't read. I will also have a page with this challenge on it, where I'll put up the books I read that fits into the different categories. 


What are your reading challenges this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment