Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I HAD To Buy, But Have Still Not Read

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Hello!

The theme this week is actually a freebie, so we can choose ourselves. I read through the list of previously done Top Ten Tuesday, and this title caught my eyes. I knew I definitely do that all the time, and I have several books in my TBR shelf with books that I just HAD to buy when I found out about it.


The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson is the first one on this list, though it it not the book that has been neglected the longest. I bought this right after christmas, after hearing a lot about it and I knew I wanted to read it ASAP, but I have yet to pick it up. I am, however, still very excited about it.

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness has been on my shelf for longer than I can remember, but I still haven't picked it up. I bough it because the premise sounded really interesting, and it still does, I just can't get around to it. There's always some other book to read.

Room by Emma Donoghue. I can't remember when this got on the list, but it's definitely been there for over a year. I haven't seen the book yet, or even seen the trailer, because I really want to go into this book not knowing anything, and then seeing the movie later.


Cinder by Marissa Meyer is a book I'm ashamed is on this list. I did try to pick it up one time, after hearing so much hype about it, but I couldn't focus and didn't even get 10 pages in. I still have it, and I honestly think that it's a book I'll really enjoy, and hopefully I'll get to it before 2016 is finished.

The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller, though this a book I hadn't really heard much about, I picked it up knowing that I wanted to read it as soon as possible. I love greek mythology, and that was enough for me to buy this book. I don't really know a lot about this book, but I want to go into it not knowing, so I'm fine with that.

Saga, Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan  and Fiona Staples. This entered my shelf when The Final Empire did, and I was just as excited about this, if not more. The worst thing about this one, is that it's so short. It takes less than an hour to read, and I still haven't picked it up. It will be on my July TBR, so hopefully that'll make me read it.


More Than This by Patrick Ness is the newest edition on this list. I saw it in a bookshop in England, and I just had to pick it up. I haven't read anything by Patrick Ness, but I've only heard good things about his book. There's a reason two of the books on this list are by him, though I wish I had gotten to them both already.

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, I have to admit, after I bought this I wasn't so hyped for it. I really wanted it for christmas, and I was lucky enough to get it, but I just put on my shelf and forgot about. Every time I saw it I did want to pick it up, but I just never got around to it. This is the next book on my TBR, so I'll hopefully start this within the next few days.

Life and Death, Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer. I couldn't NOT put this on my list. I've always been a huge fan of Twilight, because they made me love reading. Therefore I just HAD to have this when I heard about it, and I got it for christmas. I just haven't felt like it was the right time to read it, and therefore I kept putting it off. I want to get to it.

Do you have any unread books on your shelf, that you just HAD to get?

No comments:

Post a Comment